View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Since Penguin has withdrawn from OverDrive, it occurs to me that *which* ebooks you have access to is going to depend on where you live, which doesn't strike me as a reader-friendly way of doing competition. Does anyone know what publishers are available on 3M?
It's just a matter of time as more libraries sign up.

They recently signed more deals, but I have no idea who the "more than 40 major publishers" are.

Quote:
3M Library Systems will feature its growing list of offerings for the 3M Cloud Library eBook Lending Service at Book Expo America 2012, to be held June 4-7 at the Javits Center in New York City. Visitors to the 3M Library Systems booth, DZ2417, will learn about 3M Cloud Library’s new partnerships with INscribe Digital, Smashwords, The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group and the National Book Network (NBN) which are increasing the eBook system’s total list of offerings to more than 200,000 titles from over 300 publishers.

>snip<

These collections add more than 100,000 titles, significantly growing 3M Cloud Library’s total offerings. Combined with 3M Cloud Library’s existing relationships with more than 40 major publishers, these new partnerships help 3M Library Systems offer a broad variety of content from both new and established authors.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote