View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #41
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
Ever since I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 last year, I bared touched my readers, low resolution, lack of back light and the need to carry an extra device.

I don't get it, why would anyone want to buy a reader just to read books? The only situation I can think of ever needing the reader is if I want to read books under the sunlight or where I won't be able to find plug to charge my phone. Which almost never happen in my life as I am an indoor person.

Seeing the thread of higher resolution and large phablets coming out in 2014, I have come to a conclusion that eReader is so 2011.

I would hazard a guess that people buy readers to read books. I know I do.

Since you indicate that the use of a reader - for you - occurs in situations that "almost never happen in my life," then I would suggest you avoid them entirely.

As you further state, you are an "indoor person."

My suggestion, based upon your quoted words above, is to simply avoid e-ink readers.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote