View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 08:15 PM   #3
fastrobot
Connoisseur
fastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to beholdfastrobot is a marvel to behold

Device: KOBO AuraHD and GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by huuduc1kk2 View Post
Why could you try build a adroid room cook for Glo? I think it more easy
I run native Linux apps, and especially python based ones.
So, I really want linux to be running fully on the system and be able to maintain it when Kobo doesn't.... Android is OK, but not what I use.

Also, there are bugs in Linux, that if they were fixed -- would improve performance and extend battery life.

Not to mention that Kobo does things like requiring a person to be logged in, in order to read DRM books; which means that if I put down my Kobo reader for a moment, while I go get something -- or if I loaned it to one of my kids to read one of my books -- then, if it got stolen, my credit card would be totally open to theft since the user is already logged in.

There is no way to "log out" and still be able to read books. You can turn the wifi-off, but if you log out -- the books are unreadable ; so if the reader is being used, all someone has to do is turn the wifi back on -- and walah -- total access to credit card.

If I can figure out exactly how Nickel talks to the linux kernel, I can make it so that if my KOBO got stolen, at least the theif would be forced to log out and back in again before they could access the Kobo store -- which would protect my books, and my credit card from additional thefts.
fastrobot is offline   Reply With Quote