View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #322
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryy View Post
I'd started using PDFRead from the command line on Mac OS X, but given this comment I tried Crossover, as I thought it might be nice to be able to run it with a GUI. But it's not working for me. Crossover (8.0.1) seemed to install just fine on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.8. I used Crossover to run the PDFRead 1.8.2 installer apparently successfully. But when I run PDFRead all I ever get when I click the "Convert" button is "Please enter the conversion details", and no converted file. My settings are shown in the image inserted below. I started with more default settings and no options specified for unpaper, but gradually set some value for every field in the GUI, all to no avail. Any idea what's going on?

If the GUI installer finished okay, then perhaps the GUI cannot locate the dos command to launch the dos pdfread.exe executable. The GUI is just a front-end to send command line parameters to pdfread.exe. The behaviour you describe may result from that.

The PDFRead GUI assumes it "knows" where the install directory is and launches the batch file, "C:\Program Files\PDFRead\pdfread-run.cmd" (again heavy dose of dos here!!!!) Usually, pdfread.exe will reside in "C:\Program Files\PDFRead\bin". If the NSIS GUI is functional in MAC OS X, then that's what could be thwarting your successful launches.

Another thing to try would be to NOT enter any Output info and just let the GUI place the output in the same directory as the input. Worth a shot.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote