View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #1787
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I just finished reading the 3rd book in Diana Rowland's Kara Gillian series, Secrets of the Demon and it turned out to be the best in the series thus far as it really added a lot to the overall series arc as well as telling a suspenseful and exciting free-standing story. Kara even has her own version of Butters who it turns out used to be an Olympic level gymnast, now a CSI tech!. Kara is kinda' Murphy with arcane talents. Kara Gillian is almost as much fun as Harry Dresden and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series. In fact, I'll begin reading the 4th book, Sins of the Demon right now! Three cheers for Diana Rowland and Kara Gillian!!!

I really liked the series up to and including the fourth book. The fifth book, Touch of the Demon, led the series in a completely different (and imho disappointing) direction.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote