Thread: iPad iPad mini Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Michele, I saw your question about storage. I just got mine and went with the 16GB. It'll be plenty enough for my books and I figure if I ever need more storage for other things I add on later then I can always upgrade. My iTunes music library is large - more by itself than 16GB - but I don't see the necessity of having my entire music library on my mini anyway. I'll probably do like I do with my nano - on my Mac, make a playlist of the songs I want on it, then only sync the music from that one playlist. But if you plan on having a good bit of stuff on your mini then maybe more storage is better.

From what I can tell so far, no, not at all. I actually love the narrow borders because it allows a bigger screen with a smaller form factor. Oddly enough, the mini is actually narrower than the Kindle Fire which has a smaller screen but wider overall device.
Thanks! I ended up deciding on 16GB for that same reason. I'll probably end up with another mini eventually when the retina screen comes, and keep this one mainly for reading and some games.

When I had a Kindle Fire HD my thumbs were constantly turning pages unintentionally, so I'm glad that's not an issue with the mini. And it was thick and heavy! I returned it. I've read that the mini feels like a kindle in hand, and that sold me on it.

I've been such a loyalist to e-ink since it first came out, but my aging eyes really need more contrast than an e-ink screen can provide at this point. And don't even get me started on the debacle that the Kindle Paperwhite was.

Now I just need to wait 2 weeks for delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Hi, sun surfer. I'm glad you are enjoying your new iPad mini. I'm not a big fan of iBooks because I don't purchase books there since their DRM won't work on my e-ink readers. I prefer to use multiple reading apps. I also recommend Bluefire. The Sony app is powered by Bluefire by the way. I also like the Kindle and Nook apps so I can sync back to my e-ink devices. I like magazines purchased through the Nook app because of their Article View feature. Zinio is a popular app for magazines. Also Overdrive has an app for ebooks and audiobooks from your local library. Goodreads also has an app if you use their website.
Wow, I didn't realize there were so many reading apps! Thank you, marked for future reference.

Last edited by Michele; 12-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote