View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #357
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
WiFi and 3G are completely different things. When you connect via 3G/EDGE, you're NOT using WiFi.
Of course they are!!!!! I have been an engineer in various communications technologies, including cellular, for over 30 years, so that certainly was not a mystery.

When I have my phone connected to via EDGE or 3G to the cellular network, I simply configure the WiFi in my phone to act as a hot spot to provide an Internet link via WiFi to my tablet which does not have EDGE or 3G capability. That also means I only need one cellular data connection for as many devices as I want to use it with. It is very easy to do, and certainly does not require a great deal of technical knowledge.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote