View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 01:24 AM   #446
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Hi Davidfor,

Thank you & yes. I am referring to option 1 and 2. I don't know how to do 1. I haven't had time to play with that today and I was trying to do option 2 and yep, as noted it doesn't work.

When buying books from Kobo I try to buy where they have the option to download epubs to do the conversion. I got some funky results and I'll post a screen shot of the reader in a couple of days. It didn't turn out like I was expecting and saw with my Sony - Harry Potter - 01 - (full title)
Copy the plugboard or take a screen shot so we can see it.
Quote:
It came out with the actual, unmodified title of the book on one line and then in a smaller script on the line below it would say Harry Potter - 01. Which I actually liked better than having the entire title changed. I converted to kepub because I like how it shows the title of the book I'm reading at the header.

I'm not entirely sure how I got it to do that but I do like it better. lol
You didn't know that Kobo ereaders display series information? That's what the extra line is. For books downloaded directly from their shop, this gets populated. But, for sideloaded books, it isn't automatically populated. The driver in calibre has an option to do this when the device is connected and you must have enabled it. This has reduced the need for the plugboard to change the title. Unfortunately, there is no way to sort by the series info. That is the reason people are still using it, but I haven't used them for ages.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote