View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #444
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I'm back! I can put epubs on a Kobo and it keeps the series and sort order by modifying the title when it puts it on the device.

Can this be done with the kepub format and if so how? Do I have to manually modify the titles? I didn't really want to do that.
Are you wanting to send the books as kepubs, or are you wanting to change the titles for purchased and downloaded kepubs?

There are three cases:

- Use the KoboTouchExtended driver and send epubs as kepubs. This will work as is.
- Convert to kepub in the calibre library and send these. This won't work at the moment, but I have created the extra plugins that are needed and published them in beta form. I need to publish them properly or get them included in calibre.
- Purchased and downloaded kepubs. Not automatically.

For the last two cases, and any book already on the device, my Kobo Utilities plugin can do it. This has a function to update the metadata in the database on the device from the calibre library. For titles and authors, it can use the metadata plugboard. You do need the book in the calibre library. I usually download the epub version from the Kobo shop, but you can create an empty book if you don't want to do that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote