View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
But I can create collections with the Sony software, and order the books any way I want.

I am not talking about accessing books by Author, but by accessing a collection. In this case, Caibre creaes a collection that is called the Author's name. So If I send a set of books by Jeffrey Deaver, it creates a collection called Jeffrey Deaver. If I do this using the Sony software, I can move the books around into any order I want.
It is hard for me to understand the case for this outside of a series, but there is one way that comes to mind that will handle your request.

Create Series using the Author's name then use the series index to number how you want the books ordered on your 600. When the books are sent to your 600 the books will be in the order you specified via series index. Just make sure that the Sony plugin is set to create collections based on series.

With the new beta being tested I think copying the author name to the series column would be easy, after that just order them the way you want.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote