View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I doubt calibre is even a blip on Amazon's radar. On average people do not do that much research. I doubt more then 2% of Kindle users have ever heard of MobileRead. I would say this is no more then typical business, increasing rates as they see fit. Either that their costs with partners have increased, or they misjudged the return they'd see on that aspect, or they are just being greedy and know they can get away with it.

-MJ
KindleFIX and KindlePID were also a blip on Amazon's radar until *someone* made it a big deal. Maybe that same or another *someone* has made Amazon aware of how Calibre allows Kindle owners to bypass their subscription model and Amazon is trying to get at least *some* money from its use on their Whispernet network.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote