Thread: FINALLY!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #52
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcastle View Post
Boredom is a foolish state of mind. It is chosen. It's not the book's fault you aren't applying your mind to it properly.
That's just silly. It implies that every book written is worthy of being read. It also suggests that the author bears no responsibility for how his/her message/lesson/story is presented. Some books just suck. I'm not going to finish a book I think sucks.

Quote:
If the book is of low quality or too difficult for your current reading level, and it impacts your comprehension, okay. But if you find challenging books boring, you've chosen that and you have no one to blame but yourself.
Let's stop this, shall we? Challenging is not the problem. I have no problem with challenging. I embrace challenging. I don't find challenging inherently boring at all. It is dull, uninspired blathering (regardless of the difficulty level) that I find boring--and will only slog through that for so long before ditching it in favor of an author who understands that challenging does not get a "get out of being interesting free card." It's called "writing" not "telling."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-25-2014 at 11:05 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote