View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
I had to send my friend's PRS 300 back to Sony because it wouldn't charge. I tried using the USB cable that came with the unit and plugged into my computer [which doesn't ever go into sleep mode] ... and no joy. Then I tried leaving it plugged into an AC USB charger ... for 48 hours ... no joy. It would turn on but give a "low battery" message.

I just got it back from Sony today ... and they had sent along a free AC charger ... but it doesn't plug into the USB port. It plugs into the small hole marked AC ... and while cumbersome, this charger works. The unit charged up nicely [it arrived at 3/4 charged ... so I topped it up.]

So ... if you're still having problems it could be that it's the type of charge that it's not liking.

By the way ... once I got it back I tried loading a couple of books, using the USB cord that came with the unit ... and my computer didn't recognize the unit at all although the unit itself showed that it was connected via USB. I swapped the original cord for one of my other USB cords ... and the unit popped up as expected ... so you may want to try another USB cord as well.

My friend had purchased this unit in early October ... so it wasn't very old in terms of her ownership.

Hopefully something here will help one of you.

Mary
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote