View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
DaleDe I assumed that was the reason, it underscores the importance of the tool. It gives us an absolute measure - if it passes this test then the reader is at fault, and that helps for bug bashing and feature enhancement.

Hadrien I have just come across Feedbooks I am very impressed by what you are doing there.

I have some suggestions for your epub software.

I suggest the mandatory use of rational paragraph numbering for IDs (ie Chapter I.35) referencing is important in some circumstances and page numbers are dead for this in ebooks.

Use the XMLnamespace effectively by using World Unique Ids (WUIDS) and not urls.

If you are interested in either of these drop me a line at greg.schofield@iinet.net.au

PS WUIDs can be generated from any server with a simple script. Hence xgdgsgwf352sgsdesw36ff.I.35 is an absolute electronic reference. I am going to test out XMLnamespace WUIDs when I can to see whether this throws any errors through the testing app.
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote