View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What do you expect them to do?

If I have the "Penguin Classics" and the "Oxford World Classics" editions of "King Solomon's Mines" on my bookshelf (which, as it happens, I do) then I have two books, not one. The fact that they contain the same story doesn't alter the fact that they are distinct books.

yes but it's still only One title. King soloomone Mines. I'm not saying only they should only sell one copy but when a company advertises how many titles they offer in order to get you to used theim, it's more of an advertising gimmick that is meant to give you the "impression" that they have x amount of "different" titles not 70 titles of the same story.

see what I mean.

and yes they all do it, Amazon, BN, all of them. But it just seems to me that Amazon kind of goes overboard with this inorder to say "WE have x amount of titles"
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote