View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I
I have never read any of the abridged versions, but can imagine it necessarily takes away from the feeling/atmosphere/character development. Essential parts of enjoying the book - I'd say forcing students to read abridged books does nothngn to show them the joy and enjoyment or reading for pleasure. It fosters kids that *proudly* state that they've never read any other book than what they were forced to read in school, and can't understand others that do enjoy reading for fun.

Ok - off my soapbox...

That does kind of sum up my fear's. And with the way reading of books has gone down (purely empirical from my own observation of my generation as opposed to my parents) I do worry about anything which could reduces interest in reading.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote