View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
M92: "busy" indicator (a proposal)

Hi,
while using the device, I noticed that, in many situations, the device needs a significant amount of time to perform "requested" actions.
The problem is that, usually, the user is not "informed" in any way that the device is doing something (I "click" something and then I do not know if my "request" was accepted and the device is "processing" it or not).

So, I'd like to propose the following.

Each time the device "reads" (or "writes") something from (to) any file, either from the "Internal Storage" or from the "SD Card" or from any "system directories" (e.g. when it loads and starts an additional utility and/or library), the "blue LED", which resides right below the "joystick", should light up / blink.
This would serve as a general purpose "disk used" indicator (and then the user immediately sees that there's something happening).

Best regards,
Pepe.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 11-27-2012 at 08:44 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote