View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There's little point in discussing the original firmware 476 since, to the best of my knowledge, that cannot be "rolled back" to, and only the very oldest Gen3's have it.

There's a very comprehensive discussion of what was fixed between 476 and 538 (the version which most "First Generation Hardware" Gen3's have) here.

The "Second Generation Hardware" (ie 512MB RAM, improved nav button) Gen3's ship with firmware version 674. That appears to be identical in fuctionality to the "upgrade" version, 685, other than displaying the firmware version as "1.0" rather than "1.1". Once you reflash a "2nd gen" machine to 685, I don't believe there's any way to return it to v674.

Really, therefore, the only question that arises is for owners of "1st gen" Gen3's - should they reflash to firmware 685 or not? Personally I found it a minor, but worthwhile, upgrade, but I don't use PDFs (which appear to have been rather "broken" in the upgrade).
HA! *I* can roll back all the way to Version 0.98! Wouldn't *want* to, but I could. (Yes, I kept all my update zip files.)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote