View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Most curious.

Would probably need to see the original mobi (that doesn't exhibit the whitespace issue) to see where the extra whitespace might come from (or a small mobi that exhibits the same behavior if the one you're using is too large and/or copyrighted).

You might try immediately rebuilding the html with Kindlegen (untouched by Word) to see if the unwanted whitespace is still showing up.

If I had to guess, I'd say using Word to do your splitting is where the whitespace gets introduced--regardless of what viewing the html in calibre shows (the test suggested above should confirm that). I'd recommend using Sigil or just a plain text editor of some kind to do the actual HTML editing/splitting. Nothing wrong with Word if it's all you have/know, but it's going to take liberties with the code.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote