View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #21
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was talking with my son the other day (also a writer) about a movie we'd recently rented - a psychothriller (don't blame me. His Mom wanted to see it!), and we were discussing the nature of the serial killer, especially the way he blamed the victim for his own actions. I mentioned this is fairly typical of serial killers, and he wondered how I knew.

Naturally, I said, "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you."

No, I didn't say that. What I did say is that I had to do a lot of research into the minds of serial killers in order to write The Coppersmith in the first place. Definitely one of the creepiest subjects I ever had to study. But I think the result is convincing.

Read it for yourself and see if you agree.
MichaelJScott is offline   Reply With Quote