View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #9
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
It seems to me the books you can lend is very limited. I don't have a lot of B&N books since I'm still fairly new to this ebook thing. But out of about a dozen B&N books only 2 have the lend this book tag on them. I may be wrong but I assume you can only lend books with that notation.

~eddie
Yes, you can only lend books with that notation. I think there are a couple of things that B&N and publishers may want to keep in mind moving forward:
  • If I buy a physical book, I can lend it to whomever I want and I can't read it as long as they have it. Why should it be any different for an ebook? They should remove the two week restriction.
  • I can lend any physical book to anyone. Publishers should consider a standard that allows books to be lent to anyone using any reader. The only restiction should be that I cannot read it until it has been returned.

I'll have to give this more thought, though. The rub is that digital media is easily duplicated and distributed.

Anyway, I have the following books available for lending:
  • The McKinsey Engagement (consulting)
  • The Starfish and The Spider
  • A Whole New Mind

By the way, it appears you can only lend a book out once. Another disappointing feature, IMHO.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote