View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #57
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Rather arrogant, that remark.

I wasn't impressed by the Kindles built in dictionary until I started reading more. Thought I knew just about every word or could infer their meanings by use in a sentence.

Read many pd books lately? From Doyle to Christie to Wells, there are many words that haven't been used for decades. Even before my time.

Even in contemporary reading, most of us occasionally run across words we aren't familiar with.

Instead of just ignoring them, we like to know their meanings.
I didn't think I would use the dictionary, either. But it is amazing how many words I skimmed over, and now I know the exact meaning, out of context.

However, no folders, no order.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote