Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #320
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee8 View Post
I recently turned on the wifi on my Arc while my router was down due to an unnoticed power failure then discovered when the router was on and connected, that while the Arc connected fine, none of the apps would connect to the internet. This situation necessitated a hard reset after which everything worked fine. However, I now find myself in the same situation. While the first reset was while the Arc was new and I had very little on it, I am loathe to reset now as I have a large amount of data loaded.
The Arc connects via wifi and reports that it's connected with a strong signal. The browser starts and reports webpage unavailable. The Email starts and reports that it's unable to connect with a server.
Any help please?
The symptoms you describe may be due to a disruption of the connection between your router and the Internet. If this is the case, your Arc will connect normally to the router via WiFi and indicate that the connection is up and healthy but your browser and email will not be able connect.

Sometimes it can take several minutes for the Internet connection to come up after a power outage. Unannounced or unexpected network outages are also possible. That there is a good connection between your device and the router does not necessarily mean that there's a connection to the Internet. Have you tried using any other device, such as PC/Mac or another tablet through the router while you were having these issues?

Last edited by kumaryu; 03-04-2013 at 02:48 AM.
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote