View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #17
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
Are people really arguing about this?

Some guy uploaded darknet version of a popular book to the Kindle store.
Amazon finds out about it, pulls the book and issues a refund to everybody who bought it.
People complain that Amazon pulled the book and that they deserve to keep it? Or even stranger think that they deserve a free paper copy for their inconvenience?

It's not big brother to have a feature that can delete a file that you purchased from them that wasn't authorized (like what currently happened) or you didn't pay for (like that guy who complained that the files he had delivered with an expired credit card were removed). They aren't reading what you have on your Kindle and deleting various warez you have on your reader.

If you really want to read these books so bad and you don't care about Ayn Rand getting any money, just pirate them.

- edit And it's funny how most of the people who are getting their panties in a bunch don't own Kindles. PRS-505 owners going "glad I don't have whispernet now"
You're certainly entitled to this opinion, but others will disagree. I personally would be disturbed that a company can control my access to reading material.

And I don't see what the ownership of a certain brand of reader has to do with anything. I used to own a Kindle, now I don't. That shouldn't mean I'm not entitled to voice my opinion on any thread.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote