Thread: The Hanlin V5
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #30
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
From the translation that Zelda_Pinwheel posted:

"V5 Hanlin E-book reader can adjust the brightness to see pictures ... is the cheapest E-INK-screen e-book reader"

I wasn't aware of the ability to change brightness with e-ink

On a separate note, this px posted by Nate the Great shows text that goes to the right and left edges of the screen, with no margins. I've noted this before, but I'm not happy with the margins on the Kindle. With the ability to cover the entire screen with text a 5" screen will hold more text per page than my 6" Kindle.

Michael
The Hanlin V3 can adjust brightness and contrast in the image viewer today. It does not change the brightness or contrast of the display. It changes the image by move it toward one end of the spectrum or the other. On the V3 just display and image and press the OK button. You can then use the numbers to vary the brightness. If you use the arrow keys on the left edge you will switch the numbers to vary the contrast.

A 6" kindle (or all other E-Ink 6") and a 5" e-INK have exactly the same pixel count. The margins can be set to the same or different depending on the software in use. Electrically they are the same sized screens although physically they are different of course.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote