View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Treasure Island
Captains Courageous
Dracula
Frankenstein
The Time Machine
Ooh! I forgot about "Frankenstein". Yes, I would agree that it's a must-read. Despite the "science", it's rooted in the human soul.

I would say the same of all the famous, ancient texts that are still read today. The Iliad, Odyssey, Aeneid, Beowulf, Song of Roland..., and the various religious scriptures. There's a good reason why they haven't fallen into obscurity. Even though the technologies in our lives change over time, reading these illuminate how little we've changed, and what it has meant to be human over the last few thousands of years.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote