View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Hm, did you check how much energy it consumes? It will run every minute, even when in standby and lying on the shelf... I would consider it risky, I guess.

And I guess this thread belongs into the developer's board.
No I haven't. I created the patch just an hour ago. So far it's working.

Maybe it will consume more energy, maybe less (the light is off so that counts for something). There are other entries in the crontab file (which run every 15 minutes) and the cpu frequency governor is set up to 'ondemand' so IMHO it won't eat much of your energy.

Yes it should be in the dev section but I know of no way to move it. Maybe a moderator can move it? Thanks.

Last edited by joblack; 12-22-2012 at 01:00 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote