View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
yro
yro began at the beginning.

Device: PB 622
Best Ereaders for translation ?

Hello ereaders

French, sorry by advance for vocab/gram erros in my text . I'm looking for the best ereader for a particular use. Eink for visual ergonomy, PC connection and wifi just for an easy access to all internet ebook shops. Good autonomy (wifi will be use just for finding books, not important for autonomy). I don't want a generalist pad (android like). Basic things here

WHAT I WANT
An ereader to learn languages ! I want to use it to perfect my english and my spanish ( to read in french also with the right dictionary) and so I want
to take care of dictionary and tranlators features : dictionaries quality and ergonomy access. English and French quality of the dictionaries if possible (and sold with), ergonomy of the translators to lose a minimum of time during reading to understand a word and come up reading.
Could we find ereadears providing configuration options to open dictionaries and translators in the right entry just with a finger contact upon the word in the text ?
If not what are the best ereaders able to optimize the time between "I dont understand this word" and "I come back reading instructed"

What is the mean time between these 2 phases (without deepening all meanings of the word in the dic of course) ?

The Pocket Book 622 TOUCH sounds to fit with a part of my requirements and with youtube I saw a laborious demonstration (Ukranian one I guess ) but I didn't see process demo between unknown word in a text and dic/translator (or I didn't understand).

Of course I'll take all your advices to choose the best ereader for my requirements and I'm looking forward to reading them.

I wish you a very nice christmas.

Cheers.

Yro.

Last edited by yro; 12-16-2012 at 08:09 AM.
yro is offline   Reply With Quote