View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
I still have my K1, and got the first Fire about six months ago. I use it for reading about 95 percent of the time, but still use the K1 sometimes. I prefer the Fire, as once I got used to it, I found it easier to navigate through menus, perfect for when I read in bed at night or in other dark places, has more fonts and type sizes, and of course, ability to get online.

However, I usually send a copy to my K1 whenever I buy a book, and sync it if I have to read in a bright place or outdoors.

I rread a lot of free library books on both. I found that I could not send one to my K1 wirelessly if I borrowed the book for the Fire, but they can be downloaded and sent via the USB connections.

If, at gun point, I was required to give one up, certainly it would be the K1, but only in such a situation.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote