View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
apostrophistica
apostrophistica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Downloading ISBN metadata

I have done a search of these forums, but I can't find anything that precisely answers my question. I hope someone can help me!

I'd like to download ISBN metadata, and according to the calibre site: "The nicest feature of the edit metadata dialog is its ability to automatically fill in many metadata fields by getting metadata from various websites. Currently, calibre uses isbndb.com, Google Books, Amazon and Library Thing. The metadata download can fill in Title, author, series, tags, rating, description and ISBN for you." (at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/metadata.html)

However, the ISBN field does not appear as an option. When I use "Edit Metadata," and go to the screen to configure the metadata I want to fetch, I have a number of options, from Author, Title, Language, Publisher, Comments, etc., but there is no ISBN field.

I am currently using version 0.8.35.

ETA: Now that I've posted this, a relevant thread has appeared in the "similar threads" box below this. I will check that out & post here if my problem is solved.

Last edited by apostrophistica; 02-23-2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: I discovered new information
apostrophistica is offline   Reply With Quote