View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
I sideloaded the book several months ago. I don't recall if I had deleted it or if it broke first, but I have tried deleting it from on the device and it deletes properly only to return after it wakes up. The books shows up as a normal, sideloaded epub sans cover. I have no idea why it continues to show up; I have no record of it in my purchase history, or online Kobo library and it doesn't show up in Kobo Desktop so I'm fairly certain the problem is confined to the reader.

I don't have any SQL knowledge, though I did try poking around in the database once before deciding that wasn't a very smart idea (I didn't change anything).
In that case, I think you should blow everything away and start again.
Quote:
Changing the fonts do allow the text to show, but only briefly; it quickly disappears again as soon as the menu closes.
Does the font get remembered the next time you open the dialog? The font settings are stored in a config file. I'm wondering if this is being updated correctly. With recent firmware, the settings are also stored per book in the database.

The only thing I can think of is that the new firmware isn't installing properly. You could try manually installing the firmware on top of the current install. Kobo have suggested this a couple of times to solve problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote