View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #55
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have indeed never read on a 505, I only have the 650 ...
and no need to be so crusty. I would never say you are full of it because, say you buy books on a regular basis and I don't. You can't hold that against someone.
As for the imperfect retails, that is another issue which is probably worse than poor quality pirated books. One would expect actual retails to be proof-read etc. Though from what I hear from some posts here, the latest releases are generally better. I can only hope it is so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
You are so full of it. You obviously have never read on a Sony 505.

I have bought sf/f books from waterstones [or was it the other brit store? whichever one would sell regardless of geo-restrict until several months ago] and I gave up.
The "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series by Steven Erickson. Your vaunted "retail" version had over 125 errors. I know, because I counted them, noted them and then wrote back to the store demanding better copies.
Then I went to the "devil" site and found lovingly crafted books, by fans, that were completely error free.

Saying it is "retail" means jack. You'd know that if you bought a wide variety of ebooks on a regular basis.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote