View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #49
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
How do you know you have a "top site?'
I suppose I don't know for sure. I was going buy a website that listed the number of ebooks available through each site listed. I chose the two highest. I can't say for sure the information was correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I am guessing that the two books you pirated were not available as legit e-books?
No, actually they are both available as legit ebooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
...very touching your naiveness
I don't know what's with the rolling eyes. My post was honest. I suppose I could have dug deeper but I wanted to show what a non-techie such as myself would turn up in short order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3write1day View Post
Expect a visit from the FBI soon.
They are already monitoring me due to my DRM stipping activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollu View Post
Sorry to tell you that, but your experiment was not very scientific.
It wasn't meant to be "scientific." I'm not a professional researcher (duh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
Maybe not scientific, but it at least demonstrates that piracy isn't nearly the issue e-publishers want you to think it is. If an "average" user can't find e-books worth pirating, then all you have to worry about are the experienced people. (Who I'm guessing don't make up a large section of the e-reading community.)
Thank you Mr. Pockets. That's exactly the point I was trying to make.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote