View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1z View Post
I read about a program called "sigil". Can I change something in there like deleting <font> and <\font> or so for each of the chapters?
When I oben the book in there and click on something like source code.. the whole text is flooded with these <font> codes.. which don't appear in other books.

Can you let me know if that is an option?

Thank you again for your help!
You could just get rid of all the <font></font> tags with a Find and Replace, but the book may well be broken in other ways (I'm not a guru at these things, just pointing out this one really obvious error). You can run epub validators over it to check for other errors, if you know enough markup to interpret the results correctly and fix the errors reliably yourself. The epub forum would probably be a better place to ask about that.

If it were me, I'd be asking for a refund or a corrected version from the seller, not going to lengths to fix it all myself. I see that Penguin is credited on the copyright page, and it's a 2012 book - I'm rather amazed that something with such obvious errors made it to sale from a reputable publisher, and so recently. Which book shop was it from? Do they have a good return policy?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote