View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJim View Post
Editing metadata in Calibre allows one to specify a series name, and the number of the book in that series. Calibre then displays the books in that order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Calibre handles sending Series to your reader in order just fine.
You are both correct. However that only applies to a series, what I have done is to tag all of my not read books with "not read" so that calibre creates a collection on my reader when it moves them over. After I copied them to the reader I open the Sony software, which lets me order the books in that collection. It only adds a minute or two to the time involved.

It is easier to do it this way than to create a series, so that if I get a new book and want to insert in the middle of my to read list I don't have to renumber everything after it.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote