View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I didn't choose. I never wanted an ereader. I thought they sounded stupid. My husband (gadget guy) thought it would be the perfect gift for me (found out later he just wanted to stop hauling back huge stacks of library books). So he did his research on kindle and sony, and chose sony for me. I got the 505 at the beginning of November 2008.

My reaction? Initially, I was upset because I'm not a book buyer, and I like paper books (insert whine) and I really don't want to read on some electronic thing. Believe it or not, I managed to keep those thoughts in my head, but I"m sure my face showed them! Second thoughts? Why didn't you get a kindle?? (that was all I'd heard of).

Well, within a month, I found out I could check out digital library books, there were all sorts of books out there to read online, and it was truly the most wonderful invention EVER! My reader and I were rarely parted. A few months ago, I inadvertently damaged my 505's screen, and it began a slow downward spiral, and I upgraded to a 650. Omg, LOVE it!

(my 505 is still mostly readable, just missing a 1 1/2 x 1/2 in block on the top right, so my son is using it)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote