View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
Chrysanthemum
Enthusiast
Chrysanthemum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
It's all defined on the "Table of Contents" page during the conversion. (You can also set defaults for this page in the calibre preferences). How you then fill in the fields depends on what type of source code you are using for input. Are you using plain text, html or something else?
I was watching this thread because I am also curious about this. I looked at the "Table of Contents" page inside 'Preferences->Conversion', but I am honestly confused. I clicked on the XPath Tutorial hoping to learn how to use this, but it did not really explain what XPath was for. It just began explaining how to write XPath code. Reading carefully, I was able to understand the basics of writing it. I just don't understand how to know what I want to write.

I use Open Office to create odt files that I then put through Calibre ePub conversion. Because I didn't know how to make chapter links work in the Table of Contents I just deleted the Table of Contents from the files. (I found it annoying to have to page through the Table of Contents when it had no use to me other than to inform me that there were chapters.) These files are books I copy and paste from the internet - so I guess they are originally HTML - but paste them into Open Office. The Table of Contents is there in the original file, and clicking on the links opens a web page with that chapter. I'm guessing there is a way to make them open the chapter inside the ebook instead, I just don't grasp the process of how to achieve this.
Chrysanthemum is offline   Reply With Quote