Thread: LCD vs. e-ink
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #16
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I have never had any problems reading off of my lcd monitors. This is how I did my reading for years, since I am able to adjust the font size. Right now I am waiting for some good solid reviews of a tablet so that I can get one to do my night time reading. Unless the light is at just the right angle, I have a hard time reading at night with my Sony.

I think this is more of the same old BS of one way HAS to be better than another way. When the truth is BOTH ways are acceptable, and work equally well in different situations.

When I started having eye strain reading on my monitors, it translated into the fact that I needed a new prescription for my glasses. Not because of the monitor, but because my eyes had changed yet again due to age.

From ages 35 to 46 I needed new glasses every 2 years, which my doctor told me was normal & welcome to middle age. Thank God, they finally stablized it was very expensive having to get new glasses every 2 years. My eyes SHOULD according to the doctor stay stable until I get into my 60s or 70's at which time again they may start changing due to age.

So those of you who have trouble reading lcd monitors, go get your eyes checked for changes due to age. Reading on the computer, may simply be the most obvious way your eyes are trying to tell you something. That & trying to grow your arms longer when trying to read something on a peice of paper. (clue...It WON'T work!)

Last edited by cfrizz; 10-30-2010 at 11:00 AM.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote