View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #32
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardwillie View Post
Very true. From what I've seen in their videos there is a color mode and their no backlight (eReader) mode but I can't seem to quite figure out what the third mode is besides dimming the backlight in color mode which would be similar to what you could do with a laptop now, a clear video displaying the three modes would be helpful. They had me at the eReader mode but it'd be nice to get a clear indication of the full functionality of the screens.
It may be that the third mode is really present all of the time to some degree. If you study the human eye characteristics the eye is much more sensitive to large areas of color than small. You can take advantage of this in a sub-pixel mode by ignoring the fact that the pixels are in color and use them to define outline. This is what Microsoft does with its cleartype technology to provide well defined edges on text characters.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote