View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #11
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
I don't know. Direct Epub upload would be nice, but again you run into the same consistency issues with that as you would with the current system. What I think is needed is a program similar to Sigil that allows you to import a variety of formats, including epubs, then highlight any incompatibilities, and suggest ways to fix them. Once everything is done, it then spits out a compatible, properly formatted file that you would upload, and meatgrinder would do the rest.

If a full blow program is too much work, then how about something simpler, like an MS Office or Open/Libre Office Plugin that does the same thing? In fact, it probably wouldn't hurt for the programmers who lurk here to step in and help out in that regard. I'd help myself, but OO and MSOffice plugins are done in C/C++ and I'm a PHP guy. I used to do C/C++, but that was ages ago. Even so, something like that would go a LONG ways towards solving these kind of issues.

The only question now is, will someone actually do something about it, or will the perpetual whining continue? Just sayin'.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote