View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #11
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I sure as heck wouldn't. If I pay ANYTHING for a book, I expect full privileges, permanently. Otherwise, I'll just hit my friendly, neighborhood used bookstore, buy the book there, chop off the spine and scan it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I concurr. If I'm paying for them, I will not allow my books/movies/music to be taken away from me at anyone's leisure but mine.
I would say that most people feel that way. Unless they clearly label it as a rent, with a limited life and according price (which should be lower than $3-4 I think), they aren't going to convince most of us that we didn't purchase the right to do what we damn well please with our digital copy. Names are important. When you buy something, you expect some things that you don't when you rent, no matter the price.

I have said a few times that I would be willing to accept DRM if the price of the book was low enough, but I'm not really sure that's true, because when I buy an e-book, I feel I am entitled to the rights of an owner, even if it was cheap. I may accept it theoretically, but I would still feel cheated if I had to buy another version of that book I want to re-read, just because I changed readers in the meantime.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote