View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #59
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You want pain and suffering?
Try building OpenOffice on a Kindle.

Oh, wait, there is only 3Gbyte of user space, I don't know if you can get all of the source code to OO in only 3Gbytes.
Compile on a mounted drive.

Back in the day, I did big compiles in a tiny OpenWRT WRT54G, using a swap file on an nbd (network block device) drive mounted over wifi! Nfs and SMB could not be used reliably for a swap file, so I used nbd instead (which worked great even over wifi).

Then I used a huge network share to contain all the stuff I was building. You can use a network share to get past that 3GB limit.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-15-2012 at 02:56 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote