Thread: Moderator bias
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Your concerns are completely unwarranted. There is an ongoing discussion on the topic of the news, and in this case it is up to the person who reports the news to lead to the ongoing discussion rather than starting a new (duplicate) discussion.
I understand what you're saying, and can see your three other topics that have been closed (although they're certainly, by far, in the minority, if you scan the front page topics...)

I have the utmost respect for you and the other moderators, for having created this forum and maintaining it, as well as sheparding its on-going growth. Please have NO misunderstanding on that point. Also, PLEASE understand that the length of the following post does NOT mean that I'm hot under the collar and angry, red-faced mad at you and the moderators. NOT so. Merely trying to convey to you guys, given the sometimes limited and trying medium of the written word, how things can appear from THIS end of the wire.

Yes, Astak was given its own section in DEVICES (and "Thank you!" for that). But one has to wonder if part of the reason (besides its popularity in postings) wasn't to get all (or most) of the Astak related postings out of the "News and Commentary" section (probably not, I'm just saying that it COULD be seen that way). Pretty much any thread that has been started in "News and Commentary" regarding Astak has either been closed or moved to the Astak section. Do a forum search for Astak... In "News and Commentary" we find:

Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro is now shipping (from PilotBob, CLOSED)
[POLL] Sony or Astak? (well, it's a Sony article, too...)
Breaking news!!!!! Sony to sell Epub only (well, it's Sony...)
New Sony model to be called PRS-300 and PRS-600 (Umm... Sony)
Preorder PRS-300 and PRS-600 from SonyStyle.com (Sigh...)
Mobipocket ebooks useless after firmware upgrade (hmmm...)
New technology for "touch" screen (Okay...)

[skipping a plethora of posts about Sony, Kindle, etc, that just happen to mention Astak somewhere in their threads...]

Oh, wait, here's one that you forgot to move:
Printed Electronics 2009 features ALL eBook Manufacturers (posted by Astak's Robertb... but fortunately that was over two weeks ago, and no one responded to it anyway...)

We have to go clear back to 7-30-2009 to find the start of an Astak thread in the "News and Commentary" section:
Epson and 400MHz with ADE and TTS:$229
which was last replied to on 8-7-2009. (You might want to move that one to the Astak forum.)

Yet on just the FIRST page of "News and Commentary" we have:
Is the Amazon Kindle infringing patents?
Frustrated with all the recent posts by Kindle-only authors
Sony PRS-505 spotted in the wild
Sony stores stop selling PRS-600
Sony Reader Daily Edition - SCOOP!
Sony PRS 600 Hands on Video Review
Sony Reader first hand reports

Now, I realize that Sony is BIG, Sony just released new models, yet the (limited) experience so far says that all Astak specific threads will get moved to the Astak forum unless they're created there in the first place. Don't Sony and Kindle have their sections, too???

I know, I know, wait until the new 5" PEZ gets into people's hands, we start getting reviews, etc. I'll be happy to wait (well, no, I'm eager to get MINE so I can start using it! ) But I suspect that you won't have to worry about having too many Astak threads in "News and Commentary", since the Astak owners now have a section of their own...

AGAIN: this is NOT a BIG thing for me (at least, not so far...). But I felt like I needed to voice my perceptions. Feedback. I probably should have started this thread in the FEEDBACK section, but since it's Astak-focussed, I figured other people interested in Astak devices might find it interesting, and would be more likely to find it here than buried in the Feedback section.

Just sign me,

Conspiracy Theory Artiste
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote