View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Unfortunately, the way calibre is setup currently, it needs to have the Qt dlls on the PATH. I could probably change that if I tried hard enough, but...
Well, then the only solution is to edit the PATH by hand so system Qt libs get loaded before calibre's. I did it on my system, and it's not difficult. What is difficult is finding out what was the problem in the first place. I was using Qt 4.5 for an application, and all debug builds were running fine. OTOH, the release builds crashed spectacularly.

It was not an easy thing to debug. And a windows application should not put any DLLs on the PATH if it's not bent on providing those libs to other apps... this specific issue being proof enough.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote