View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #21
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Hi gabao,

The voice files (kindle-voice-*locale*-*name*.src.zip) are not intended to be copied into usertts/data/ folder .
There you should put a voice pack - preprepared combination of two voices ("male" and "female").
As there's no voice pack containing Raquel available for download yet, you'll have to make your own:
create two subfolders in usertts/ - usertts/male/ and usertts/female/.
Unpack a voice file of your choice into usertts/male/ and another voice file (probably Raquel) into usertts/female/. Then reboot your Kindle and usertts will create a voice pack for you in usertts/data/ folder (I recommend deleting its contents before rebooting).

If it's too complicated, just tell me which two voices do you want to use and I'll make a voice pack for you.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote