View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #38
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I would advise at the beginning to limit the books added to the library. 100-1000 is nice to look at, but pita to change. After many-many months I am still deciding exactly what metadata and where and in which format I want it. I may hide the column, but I still want to have the information.

I keep all kinds of formats in Calibre - original pdf/whatever, aced files if I used mobi creator, final prc or mobi, txt where are notes about what I did (like, 'lit>epub, html>prc. Added such and such things, need to add...etc').

I can use only mobi when away from PC, so finding/choosing suitable format is no brainteaser; if my needs change, I'll convert before reading to different format.

About refixing - I find text file with notes to be handy. I note there what irritated me and if I fixed it; if I ever want to read it again, it's easy to decide what to do, if not...