Thread: Glo Calibre and Shelves
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainio View Post
Thank you for your answers.
I have a few more beginner questions:

So I added a book into the main library after configuring the shelves, changed its shelf to "test", transferred it to the device and it showed up in a new shelf called test.
So that works.
How can we change the shelf of books already on the device (assuming they were transferred with calibre)?
If we can't alter metadata of books when viewing the books from within the device in calibre, do we have to alter each shelf from within the main library and send them again to the device?
I happened to answer that question earlier today. It is the second part of https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...06#post2252406. There may be some other things in that thread of interest to you.
Quote:
(Is there any way to drag/drop onto a shelf or automate shelf changing? Going into each books custom metadata would be about as arduous as changing the shelf on the device.)
It you are using a tag-type column, find the column in the tag browser. Then you can drag the books onto the shelf there. Or, you can select them and use the "Edit metadata in bulk" to change them all.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote