View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Error when converting to Mobi and Epub

For the sake of this example. This is the error message I got when I tried to convert my html file to epub.

I uploaded it as a zip because there were a few images within the document.

I was hoping someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have version 5.11 Calibre.

Job: **Convert book: Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes**
**tuple**: ('ValueError', u'Not a valid HTML file: c:\\docume~1\\sharon\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0.5. 11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html')
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 960, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 918, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 177, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 445, in convert
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 279, in parse_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 144, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 585, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 438, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 483, in parse_html
ValueError: Not a valid HTML file: c:\docume~1\sharon\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.5.11_u3 _gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html

**Log**:
Found HTML file in archive
Creating EPUB file...
Building file list...
Found files...
HTMLFile:0:b:c:\docume~1\sharon\locals~1\temp\cali bre_0.5.11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html
[DEBUG] Processing HTMLFile:0:b:c:\docume~1\sharon\locals~1\temp\cali bre_0.5.11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html...
[INFO] Parsing temp\calibre_0.5.11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html
('ValueError', u'Not a valid HTML file: c:\\docume~1\\sharon\\locals~1\\temp\\calibre_0.5. 11_u3_gzk_any2epub1\\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "parallel.py", line 960, in worker
File "parallel.py", line 918, in work
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _any.py", line 177, in any2epub
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 445, in convert
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 279, in parse_content
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\epub\from _html.py", line 144, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 585, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 438, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\html.py", line 483, in parse_html
ValueError: Not a valid HTML file: c:\docume~1\sharon\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.5.11_u3 _gzk_any2epub1\tassosss Walk This Path of Dust and Ashes.html
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote