View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #15
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Ideally, I would like my entire library - including every book I've ever read, as well as ebook copies of the pbooks - stored on whatever device I am currently using. This would require better library management than I currently have.
Yeah, Marc. I think that if there were better on-device management, I'd keep more books on my readers. I want to be able to mark the book as "read" or move it from an active directory to an archive directory. I want to be able to mark reading order in series and to be able to rank/prioritize my TBR books. I want to be able to rate a book as soon as I finish it. (Fortunately, with the Kindle, I can already mark passages for a review and can create short notes within the book.)

As it is, if I have too many books on the Kindle, I thrash around trying to figure out what I've got. Today I experienced this as I had finished a book yesterday and I couldn't find anything that grabbed my attention more than a paragraph or two. I actually spent some time reading the MobileRead MobiPocket Download Guide -- on the airplane, so I wasn't using it to download, just reading about books.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote