View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #10
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Is there any special reason for putting
Code:
 if [ -e /mnt/onboard/.kobo/on_start.sh ]; then
 /mnt/onboard/.kobo/on_start.sh &
inside the loop, rather than after it? I am asking, because I am trying to familiarize myself with linux and bash.
Because it is an infinite loop and kobo animator just killed at the end of the main startup script rcS. I've made it inside the loop because I need to wait for flash is mounted. on_animator.sh starts a bit earlier mount flash command.

Another advantage is that on_animator.sh is not changed in the latest FWs. So, there is no need to make the separate install for each firmware.

But ... you need to install file monitor again after you update FW because kobo uses the full update and on_animator.sh will be overwritten.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote